ISB

ISB

Monday, November 24, 2008

Admitted to the Class of 2010 !!

Though the results of the interview was declared within a month of my interview, the wait seemed endless. I was continuosly hooked onto to Pagalguy since 22nd to see if any updates had come on the results. Initially I thought the results had been delayed to December 1st week but the Adcom confirmed (on their official thread) that results would be out on or before 20th Nov.

Going by last year when ISB had declared the results about 3 days prior to the deadline. People were expecting the same this year. But it wasnt to be. To compound miseries people started flouting new theories on Pagalguy - the most famous being the "Doc update theory". Day after day passed and there were no results in sight.

20th Nov 2008: ISB Adcom confirmed that results would be out after 5pm.  Still people hoped against hope and expected results to be out early. But it wasnt to be. Dot 5pm and everbody expected the floodgates to open. But not even a whimper. 

6pm - Still no news. Thanks to PG I knew results had not been out as nobody had posted "I am in" yet. But the anxiety had reached feverish pitch with posts coming every second. 

7pm - Still no news. by now people had started to real impatient and jittery. People like my friend Mr. Raghav Wate who wasnt on PG and expected results between 5 - 7 pm thought he had been dinged. Luckily he had me to make fun of his existence and keep him entertained with hope. I was personally tired of the wait but was sure the results would be out soon.

8pm - Aargh !! No news still !! By now I was beginning to prepare myself for a long haul till midnight. My mom had called me a couple of times in the day to enquire if the results had come. Some of my close friends had pinged me on Gtalk to check if results had come. Strangely I was not feeling tense. Somehow deep inside me I was confident of making the cut. But people around were very tense. Now mentally I was feeling worn out !!

8.30 pm - I had lost patience by now. Sat down to enjoy my dinner. Was pretty certain that results would come by only midnight.

9pm - Saw the holy mail !! Was ecstatic !! Called all the A-Z in my phonebook to tell them. 

This Journey has been truly completed !! Now only financials remain !!

2 comments:

S.Singh said...

Cool!!!

Ravi Warrier said...

Good new Smack D. This is the second time I am writing this comment, the first time, I got blocked because of some firewall settings at work.
Anyway, I had written about how I am anxious and how I felt butterflies when I read your post and hoped that we meet on campus (am in r2).
I mainly wanted to ask if you knew the ratio for R1 - Applicants: Interview Calls: Selected.

Ciao. Ravi
http://musingsof.raviwarrier.com